From the very first time I saw her character, I wanted to cosplay as her. She just has this amazingly badass look about her. There are a few of theories as to why she looks the way that she does. Kotaku has an interesting article on the subject, and their first two theories made the most sense to me. There’s the body camo theory, and then there’s the torture theory (that she looks that way post-torture). My gut tells me to go with the camo-theory, as this just makes the most sense in my head. Or maybe it’s body camo that she has due to a twisted torture experiment (sort of how Wolverine was experimented on through the government’s Weapon X program and got his claws of adamantium…yeah..). This makes sense to me, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe it’s just that “sex sells”, but I do believe her look fits into the Metal Gear universe, and that it is not just a ploy. Think what you want!
“A sniper deprived of her words”, as the trailer describes her, just spoke to me. I feel like she has painful story that will unfold and make her that much stronger. That’s what made me want to do this. Because she looks strong and fierce, and like you don’t want to f*** with her. We’ll find out next year hopefully!! (ahhhhh, and that music. They always have such good music…)
Now onto my tutorial! This look was definitely inspired by the trailer. Although we haven’t seen much of Quiet yet and don’t know what she will actually look like all of the time, I wanted to capture this look that she has when the camera first pans up to her face and her cloud of black absorbs back into her skin. Even though my actual Quiet cosplay is still a work in progress, I was really excited about the makeup aspect and couldn’t resist.
So here we go! Here’s my product list:
1. MAC Studio Sculpt Spf 15 Foundation in NW20
2. Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier in Fair
3. Urban Decay Baked Bronzer
4. Brow Zings by Benefit in Medium (didn’t take a closeup pic of this…it’s a medium shade of brow wax and a slightly lighter powder.)
5. NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in 922 Dark Brown
6. Maybelline Pencil Eyeliner
7. Too Faced Natural Eye
8. Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer
9. Revlon Lash Potion Mascara
10. Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in 642 Nude Delight
11. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 683 Demure
One of my favorite palettes.
I used the color Sexpresso for the main color.
Naked 3 by Urban Decay. This is optional, but it adds SO much to the look.
Use the color Blackheart for allover your lid. This will give you a bit of contrast and make your eyes look more “made up”. This shadow is dark brown/black with hints of red. It mixes in really well.
I mixed these two shades to get the perfect color! Rimmel London Nude Delight and Revlon Demure.
Here’s how they look separately.
When you mix them, you just get this gorgeous deep salmon color.
Annnnd, the pencils I used. Black for the THICK dark liner around your eyes. And dark brown for shaping your brows.
And on to brushes! These are all wonderful:
1. MAC 163 (for contouring cheeks and nose.)
2. Sephora 75 Pro Angled Contour (for contouring jaw, chin, and forehead)
3. MAC 109 (for blending. This is probably my favorite brush.)
4. Sephora 25 Flat Shadow (multipurpose for eyeshadow. It’s great for so many things.)
5. Sephora 29 Blending Eye (for blending eyeshadow.)
6. Sephora 12 Rounded Smudge (for pulling color under the eye)
7. Hello Kitty Lip Brush (for the tiny dots allover.)
You don’t at all need all of the products that I used for this. I prefer to use several brushes because they each apply makeup differently. I just wanted to give you all of the details =) And I thought that I should mention that I usually use my hands for applying foundation. I’ve tried every kind of brush and sponge I can find and this is just what I’m most comfortable with.
Here’s the video! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this makeup tutorial and are inspired to make it your own! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!